A business’ greatest resource, aside from its manpower, is space. Use this precious resource wisely, after all real estate rates are on the rise and you would want to get your money’s worth for the space you’re paying for. There must be a balance between being able to store your equipment, stock and materials and at the same time ensuring that you have easy access to these stored materials to ensure productivity. Why pay for high rental rates and just use it for storage? There are more effective ways to this – by availing of business storage.
Why use Business Storage?
Business storage is a storage facility that allows you to have extra space away from the office. The advantage is that you are able to prevent yourself from being tied up with a long-term lease and at the same time reduce your rental and other business costs. You don’t have to add additional space for your lease. With business storage, you can actually pay just for the self-storage space you will need at any particular time.
Here are a few reasons why you may need business storage:
- Renovation or transferring to another workspace. While your office is being renovated, you can still make use of available space and continue with your operations by storing seldom-used office equipment and inventory in an alternative facility.
- Equipment or inventory storage. You can store your stock, promotional materials, product samples and office equipment here. For small to medium businesses that don’t have the volume to hire a warehouse – this is the perfect solution. You don’t have the overhead required in a warehouse – but you have all the functionalities (security, maintenance of air temperature, accessibility). There are simply items that you still will need in the future but don’t have the space for.
- Archiving or document filing. Need to store your personnel and customer records for the last 10 years? You just need to keep current files on hand. Other files that you hardly use will just be taking valuable space and hampering productivity in your office location.
- Seasonal storage requirements. Some months are naturally busier than others. Do you need extra space to store inventory for the months leading up to your peek months (such as December/January)? You don’t have to pay rental all year round just to store this inventory that you expect will be sold out in a month or two.
To give you an idea, here are some business storage solutions for businesses from different industries.
Restaurants and Retail Stores. These businesses need storage for merchandising materials, mannequins, posters, decorations, signage and excess inventory. They may also need a climate-controlled environment that allows off-hours access.
Realtors and Apartment Managers. Storage allows realtors and apartment managers to store promotional material, as well as keep clutter out of the home or apartment being rented out or sold. Realtors and apartment managers can stage the area to make it more attractive to prospective buyers or renters.
Interior Decorators. While they’re working on their clients’ homes, business storage allows them space to store the clients’ furniture. Interior decorators can also create extra space by transforming seldom-used areas in the house as additional rooms – these include basements, crawl spaces and garages which may need clearing. Clients may not be willing throw away cherished mementos that are gathering dust.
Salesmen and Pharmaceutical Representatives. Sales representatives can store samples and inventory in a storage unit, which they have off-hours access to. They don’t have to keep everything in the trunk of their car.
Contractors such as electricians, landscapers and plumbers. These businesses usually make use of bulky equipment that may not be needed at every project. These include equipment such as snow blowers, ladders, lawnmowers and ladders.
Those who sell over the internet. E-commerce is growing. This allows people to transform a portion of the house to be transformed into an office. But this does not mean that the house will look like a warehouse! Storage facilities allow sellers to keep and manage their inventory while keeping it safe. They can also access their inventory during off-hours so they can provide their clients with efficient yet cost-effective service.
Medical, dental, legal and financial professionals. Usually, these professions mean a lot of paperwork and records that are too important to throw but not usually needed. With business storage, you can manage your records in a place that is secure.
When choosing business storage, you should look into these considerations:
- Freedom and flexibility. Don’t be tied down with long contracts. Business Storage from Simply Self Storage ensures you the freedom to avail of extra space just during the times you need it. Should you also need a bigger or a smaller unit, you simply need to make a request and you can transfer to the unit of your choice.
- Peace of mind. Your valuable equipment is safe with us! We are equipped security and air conditioning systems to ensure that your products and equipment are safe not just from theft but also from the changes in temperature.
- Support. Our storage facilities are also equipped with trolleys and pallet trucks for your convenience.
All of these and more are available at Simple Self Storage. We have hundreds of locations that will help your business, particularly if you have many branches in different states and cities. We have business and self storage facilities in key cities such as Boston Self Storage, Cincinnati Self Storage, Naples Self Storage Unit, Indianapolis Self Storage, and so many more.